Volunteer with Us
The work of Elk Grove Food Bank Services would not be possible without the contributions of its nearly 500 volunteers who work side-by-side with employees every day to create a positive environment for clients. There are dozens of volunteer opportunities, including sorting food, packing boxes, helping our clients “shop” for food, client check in, sorting clothes, just to name a few. Most volunteer shifts are Mondays through Fridays, from 8:30 am to noon and from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm. There is limited availability on the Saturday shift, which is 8:30 am to noon.
Please note that effective January 1, 2024, all new volunteer applicants must attend a 60-minute orientation prior to being scheduled for a volunteer shift. Orientations are held on the second Tuesdays of the month at 11 am, the third Saturdays of the month at 10 am, and the fourth Thursdays of the month at 3 pm. You can see a complete listing of dates and schedule your orientation now by clicking here http://tinyurl.com/EGFBSOrientation.
Whether you’re a student, a full- or part-time employee, or retired, there are many ways that you can assist the Elk Grove Food Bank Services and your community. Even if you only have a couple of hours a month, we are grateful for your help!
Wanting to help? Here are a few suggestions.
- Donate food and clothing at EGFBS.
- Our facility is located at 9888 Kent Street, Elk Grove, CA 95624.
- Donations are accepted Mondays through Fridays from 9 am to 3 pm and on Saturdays from 9 am to noon.
- Sort food and clothing.
- Assist with food distribution at Elk Grove Food Bank or its mobile programs.
- Pick up food items.
- Organize a Canned Food Drive at your school, in your neighborhood, at your place of business, or with your church or club.
- Assist with special events.
For more information on volunteering, please call (916) 685-8453 or email our Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected].
Please know your resources of time and energy are always welcome.